Friday 29th January 2021
Good morning class 3!
Today will be a little bit different to normal - as some of today's lessons will all be based around Safer Internet Day!
We will be looking at how we can keep safe and stay alert when using the internet.
I will tell you more about it in our Teams meeting at 9:10. See you then!
Parents/Carers- please find below the daily timetable of activities for today. There are links to resources underneath each lesson which can either be printed or completed in homework books.
Please continue to email me with evidence of your child's learning at least once a week.
Below are some snap shots of work I have received this week and another great obstacle course video. Well done everyone for working so hard!
Morning Teams- Welcome Session- 9:10- 9:20
Please join in our live session where we can say our morning prayer, I will share our learning activities for today and we can complete Wake and Shake together. I can't wait to see you all!
If you can't join in the live session, a recording can be found on the Teams site.
God our Father
I give to you
All that I think and say and do.
All my work and all my happy play
I will give to you today.
Wake and Shake
Get up and get moving!
Task 1- 09:20 - 10:00
Click on the link below to play INTERLAND - a game designed by Google all about internet safety. https://beinternetlegends.withgoogle.com/en_uk/interland/landing/tower-of-treasure
There are four different games -
- Tower of Treasure - teaches the importance of a strong password.
- Kind Kingdom - teaches you about cyberbullying and how it is important to be kind online.
- Reality River - teaches you how to spot a scam online.
- Mindful Mountain - teaches you about keeping private information safe and secure.
Have a play around on them all and see if you can become internet awesome!
Make notes on what you have learnt about being safe online - they will come in handy later!
Task 2- 10:00 - 10:30
Watch the video below.
Make notes on what you learn from it:
- How can we stay safe online?
- What top tips have you learnt about internet safety?
- Where did the characters in the video go wrong?
- Make as many notes as you can - they will come in handy with the next task after break!
Have a run about, stretch your legs and have a healthy drink/snack.
Task 3- 10:45 - 11:30
LO: To design a poster that teaches other children how to stay safe online.
- Use everything you have learnt from playing INTERLAND and watching the video to design an eye-catching, colourful and informative poster that can teach others how we can stay safe online!
- I have attached an example - you can complete your poster by hand or create one on the computer!
- Think about personal information, telling or asking adults when we are unsure about something online, being kind to others, not speaking to strangers, and creating a strong password!
English/Spellings and Timetables- 11:30 - 12:15
Miss Green's Group- Please take this time to complete any writing you need to finish off from our BFG unit.
Ms Bell's and Mrs Raja's Phonics Groups- Please complete any writing you need to finish off from this week's work (Please see overview for today's lesson)
Please complete your groups spelling test and the mixed 3 times table test attached.
Parents/Carers please email me your child's spellings and time tables results.
Lunch Time- 12:15- 1:10
Bless us O Lord
As we sit together
Bless the food we eat and the hands that made it.
Bless us O Lord as we eat together.
Afternoon Teams Class Worship and Catch-Up- 1:15 - 1:45
Please be logged into teams at 1:10pm to be ready for our live class worship.
We will also take this time to share some of your learning from Safer Internet Day today.
Task 4- 1:45 - 2:15
In PSHE, we often like to think how we can use ourselves to help and benefit another person. You should now have some ideas about how you can keep safe online and when you are using the internet. Use your knowledge to help somebody who does not know what to do in this situation:
Imagine your friend is being bullied online.
1. How might your friend feel?
2. What could you do to help? Write a few sentences explaining what you could do, and any advice you want to give your friend about staying safe online. You may also want to write what she could do in the future to make being online a happier place.
Attached below is a worksheet to write your answer down, or complete in your homework books.
Golden Time 2:15 - 2:45
It's Friday afternoon so that can only mean one thing- Golden Time! Have fun, play games and most importantly have fun- you have definitely earned it class 3!
There is a word search activity attached below all about Internet Safety if you would like to complete this too. Have fun finding some of the key words!
Virtual Assembly 2:45 - 3:00
Please join us in watching our school assembly which will be available through the school website during the afternoon and see who has achieved the Star of the Week!
God our Father I'd like to say
Thank you for your love today.
Thank you for my family and all the things you give to me.
Guard me in the dark of night and in the morning send your light.
That's it! Another week done!
Well done for working so hard on your home-learning activities.
Have a great weekend everyone!
We can't wait to see you all again on Monday morning for our Morning Teams Session at 9:10am!
Love Miss Green,
Ms Bell, Mrs Raja, Mr Webster and Miss Parker.