Our Chaplaincy Team is led by Miss Weldon with lots of support from Mrs Sullivan.
We are "Missionary Disciples" sent to spread the word of God.
We meet every week to discuss and plan activities, how to lead worship and organise events.
Every 1st Wednesday of every month we lead a Worship Workshop at lunch times, this is craft based and scripture is involved.
We are missionary Disciples
- Lead prayer and worship, using Sacred Scripture as our foundation.
- Arrange activities for all children to take part in during break times.
- We have introduced a new school prayer.
- Prepare charity fundraising events throughout the year.
- Show others how to follow in Jesus' footsteps.
Every week, four children are chosen to receive a Chaplaincy Award. This is an award for the children that have been seen showing our Christian Values.
Every child and adult can nominate someone at any time by filling in an award slip, which are in all class prayer areas.
Our beautiful prayer area has a tree filled with amazing reasons why children have won the award.
Over the last 3 years we have raised money, prepared hampers and delivered to 243 local homes, at Christmas time. This has brought so much Hope and Joy to lots of elderly and vulnerable people.
In 2019 we expanded our help further to "Cornersones" a charity based in Manchester that looks after the homeless.
In 2019 it was also a huge focus for us helping to look after our "Common Home" we have teamed up with our school council to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, Different ways in which we are helping our planet including:
- Using different bins for plastic, paper and food.
- Litter picking around the local area.
- Switching lights off and saving water.
We have taken part in lots of masses by reading bidding prayers, leading the offertory and acting out the Gospels.
We have an outdoor area in school, where we can take other children to pray.
Alongside our Worship Workshops, we also prepare and lead quiet, reflective prayer sessions during lunchtimes, including leading the Rosary.
All our work is dedicated to the Lord.